Archive for the ‘Astronomija’ Category
On August 31st 2012 at 4.36 p.m. EDT a huge filament of solar material that had been hovering in the sun’s corona erupted. Although it wasn’t pointed directly at Earth, it still connected with our magnetosphere and was responsible for the rather stunning aurora that appeared on Monday Sept 3rd.
The Coronal Mass Ejection travelled at over 900 miles per second. This image shows the CME in comparison with a scale image of the Earth (no, smartasses it’s not that close
Svemir u skali. od najsitnije čestice do veličine poznatog svemira.
Uoči 70. rođendana Stephena Hawkinga, Guardian je objavio članak o neobičnom životu i velikom uticaju kojeg danas ovaj veliki znanstvenik ima na svijet.
He is, perhaps, the world’s most unlikely superstar. Despite a lifetime of fighting disease and defying medical predictions, Professor Stephen Hawking has become the planet’s most celebrated cosmologist.
A rare insight into the man will be given this week by his children and some of his closest friends when they pay tribute to him on Radio 4.
U svojoj drugoj po redu zajedničkoj knjizi ‘The Quantum Universe: Everything That Can Happen Does Happen’ poznati fizičari Brian Cox i Jeff Forshaw objašnjavaju veliki prasak.
U intervju za Guardian odgovaraju na slijedeća pitanja:
- Is there a centre of the universe?
- If everything came from a singularity, what created it?
- If there exists some particle that can travel faster than light, then surely there should be a way of sending information into the past?
- What does no Higgs mean for physics? What are the other theories?
- How do you feel about scientists who blog their research rather than waiting to publish their final results?
- Scientists use supernova explosions to measure how far away supernovas are. The distance depends on how bright they appear against how bright they really are. How do scientists know how bright the supernova explosions should be?
- If question-asking is so fundamental to science, why has there been no research into how we might improve question-asking for learners in our places of education?
- My question is: I cannot perceive or understand infinity. For man, everything has a beginning and an end. Answer, please!
I još pitanja iz astronomije, politike i matematike.